Tuesday, July 30, 2013

What are you working on Wednesdays!!

     The Alistair lion!  This pattern was a little harder for me and his eyes turned out a little crazy.  I think it was harder for me because my mind was so busy while knitting it and I expected it to go a lot faster then it did.  I knitted this during my good friends jaw surgery.  It was supposed to be a surgery that took two hours tops and it ended up taking 8.5.  I kept having to call her mom with updates who lived in another state and her mom was so worried.  The doctors kept ensuring she was ok but man i think i got two ulsers because of the whole ordeal. Everything turned out fine though!
     I don't think I was probably knitting in my normal state which is why it turned into such a frustrating project for me.  It was a straight forward knit and her instructions for how to make the loops was spot on!  I didn't even need to look up a youtube or anything.  I have some left over yarn from this and I am going to make Fisher another pebble with it, which hopefully I will be showing you soon.  I thought this yarn was just ok.  Good for the price and like that it is machine washable.  
     I finished Duck Commander Family.  I liked it a lot more then I thought I would.   If you like the show I would recommend the read.  I liked reading about it since my family runs their own family business.  It was interesting to see how other families run theirs!
     Please join Ginny and the other lovey ladies over at Yarn Along today.   

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Found you through Yarn Along.
    Your lion is very cute and a great name too.
    Glad all is well with your friend now.

    ReplyDelete