Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Personality

It is funny how each kid you have can be so different in their  personalities.  Fisher has really been becoming his own little person,  needing moma less and less and starting out own his own.  Huck is becoming so brave about things it catches me completely off guard.  This weekend he was holding all of the frogs.  Last summer he refused to even touch one because he thought it was going to jump in his mouth.  He wanted to go on the jet ski with me and was yelling "faster!  Get that wave!"  When we would get air off of a wave he would yell "awesome" and when we finished he said "let's go jet skiing everyday!"  He notices the small things.  Will alway point out if someone gets a hair cut, comments on their shoes or my personal favorite " i like your nail polish on your lips Auntie." (Meaning lipstick) he is a talker always has been and always will be.  Harper is my passionate one.  Lover of animals swimming and dance.  She has a specific style and is starting to really wonder about things and how they can be.  She asked me how Santa gets through our fire place glass when it is sealed shut.  I promised myself to not lie to the kids ( a promise that has proven be much harder then I ever thought)and I felt so stuck.  I didn't expect it she was only 4.  She is analytical though, she thinks things through.  She is my dare devil ( although fisher may end up showing her up in this... My poor stomach) she is quite when you first meet her but will not stop talking once to you Get to know her. She loves arts and crafts and is right by my side when I am making anything.  Same gene pool, such different kids.  
When I had Huck I thought I had a upper hand because he was my second and we had things figured out.  I learned the hard way that what works for one most likely doesn't work for the other.  I often say that Huck came to teach me that I know jack squat about parenting.  I am so thankful for this crazy ride, thankful they are ever changing and not all the same, that would probably be boring.  




No comments:

Post a Comment