Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What are you working on Wednesdays!

I made the in threes a baby cardigan. for Harper.  This pattern is truly one of my favorites.  Simple, sweet and very versatile.   I made this for Harper last year and it is still big on her.  I kind of Jerry rigged it and put the buttons on one side and kind of crossed over the two layers to make it fit a little better.  I found some elephant buttons which was perfect for Harper,as at the time she was obsessed with them.  Harper asked me to make it pink so I found this awesome rose pink yarn from Debbie bliss.  I think she had a much brighter pink in mind and rarely wears this.  This was when I really realized she is fully in control of what she wears and from now on she will be choosing her yarn with me at the store.  I am hoping that she will start to want to wear it and I can easily add length to it to make it grow with her.
Today I also made my mom her birthday cake from scratch and it was so good!  I made the cake from here and the frosting from here. It was a big hit, so yummy! Alex even says he wants this to be his new birthday cake.  It is a few extra steps to make this but that frosting is fun to make.  Watching it get fluffier and fluffier with time was fun the kids for sure loved watching it.  They thought it was magic!
Please join Ginny and the other talented laidies for yarn along.



7 comments:

  1. I love that baby knit! (It helps I have a scrumptious little baby girl on my lap right now). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is so cute!!! really like it! I hope to do that one one day... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep this one in mind...I'm listing cute baby knits for a good friend who is due in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater, and I love the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh adorable! The pink is so sweet and I just love the elephant buttons! In Threes is actually next on my queue for my 2 year old... I picked a creamy colored yarn but haven't picked buttons yet. I can't wait to try this pattern that I see popping up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet little cardi with those cute elephant buttons.
    Cake looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete