Sunday, July 28, 2013

Nervous

I drop my kids off for vbs tomorrow morning.  If I am being honest I am nervous for this.  I have never dropped them off somewhere like this.  If I have to go somewhere without them, they are always with family or very close friends and never in a public place like this.  Here is the silly thing, my good friend is their teacher, she will be with them the whole time.  Baby steps are a good thing.  Harper is excited Huck says he doesn't want to go if I am not there but I know he will be fine once he gets there.  
I vividly remember  going to these as a child.  My neighbor and I would hold our own in her backyard year after year, where my poor little bothers had to endure our made up curriculum and activities. 
Baby steps are good.  Huck took some major baby steps with the chickens this year.  He started off not even wanting to be very close to them.  Day after day he would get a little closer, then he started touching them and out of no where this weekend he stated loudly and very proudly "I want to hold Tornado!"  He was so proud of himself and I was too he was so brave!  Just like I told him baby steps are important,  tomorrow will be a good baby step for me (even though I feel like it is huge right now) 

No comments:

Post a Comment