Thursday, June 6, 2013

What I'm knitting/ our crazy day

Here are two The Emma Tunic - Teeny Sizes
that I have been working on for a couple of friends kids.   This was a fun pattern and I am excited to make one for Harper (which must be pink with purple stripes, she declares!).  Knitting is always so good for me.  Today and yesterday it helped clear my mind and helped me to relax which was more then needed.
Tuesday was a crazy day.   Alex came home for lunch and while he was here I started to choke.  I couldn't breath, I couldn't talk, I was so scared.  He preformed the heimlich a couple of times and still I couldn't breath and nothing came out.   After a little I was able to get just a bit of it out,  enough that I was getting some air but was wheezing and whistling very badly.  It was clear that something was still going on.  Alex rushed me to the ER where they didn't have a doc who felt comfortable performing surgery so they sent me to another hospital via ambulance to one who did.   One procedure and one surgery later, all is good.  I am so sore my ribs and chest from the heimlich and the rest of my body due to lack of oxygen for 9 hours.   It was a ordeal that sadly my kids witnessed. We are all doing ok.  Today Harper was pretty sure she was chocking a couple of times and Huck was either acting out or begging to be held.
Today I am thankful for full breaths and things like knitting that force me to relax and take a load off which is exactly what my body needs.
The pattern for the Emma tunic was great! Fast easy and fun. I really hope they get the larger ones done quickly so I can make one for Harper.   Stay tuned in the next few days because I am going to do a giveaway involving the pattern! Here us the link to my raverly notes

I still need to block both of them and add the buttons but it is seriously so cute!





No comments:

Post a Comment