Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Getting older

We got our hair cuts today. My mom came with to help and she took the littles out to play while Harper and I stayed to get hers done.  Harper was so excited and chatty the whole time talking about anything and everything that would come to her mind.  I didn't need to talk for her at all, she carried the conversation all on her own.  I sat there silent, mostly listening but thinking how grown up she really has become.  It feels like just days ago I was walking along side the river, pregnant and dreaming about this little girl and how she would be.  In that same sense not a lot has changed as I imagined her as a teenager getting her haircut and completely carrying the conversation herself, maybe not wanting me near any longer.  When I looked at her I could almost see exactly what she would look like.  I ached for her as a baby holding her in the rocking chair looking out the window at the passerby's.  I ached for her where she is right now, knowing that I am going to look back and miss this so much.  There is no pause button and with kids it is so true that the days are long, so long, but the years man they are fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment