Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day part I

We are back from the lake and had so much fun! Now it is back to life back to reality! (Know that song? No? Showing my age a little?) We are going to start packing and moving like mad people! I am so nervous / excited.
Here are our fathers days gifts! They were so much fun! I got the idea off of pintrest and the best part is that they were free! All of it was used from scraps! It was pretty simple to make.  I found a board in the garage and with a saw I sawed it down to three small sizes.  We then stained it and let it dry.  Then we made a heart template and I hammered each nail in, just a little, one inch apart from each other and then the kids finished them off.   The kids were so excited that they got to use the hammer.   Alex and I got them those little hammers a while back and truthfully they were still a little too big.  Soon I want to invest in hammers for them from here.  Each kid choose their own yarn.  Huck choose three colors because he is three and I really questioned the blue at first but once it was all together I really liked the color combo.   Harper choose a bunch of pinks (she actually chose four pinks but got a little sick of the project and quit after two) and fisher chose that blue one.  It is funny how they already like stuff at a certain age.   I highly recommend this project.
The best part of moving so far?   Getting rid of ALOT of our stuff it feels almost freeing!  There is so much that we have accumulated over the years and feels wonderful to get rid of it.  I hope we haven't crossed a line and gotten rid of to much stuff.
I hope you guys had a great Father's Day!  Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do.  There is nothing better then watching our Bupa love on our kiddos.  Today he gave me sometime to finish up Harpers quilt top and when I came to find them, he was sitting with them all painting their toe nails. It's simple moments like that, I know I so blessed.







No comments:

Post a Comment