Monday, August 19, 2013

random bits

:: house shopping makes me feel like Goldilocks and the three bears.  Too small, to close to the busy street, to much, waiting for just right.  Knowing it will come and this is NOT a decision to rush into despite how much I may want to. 

:: Don't take your kids house shopping with you.  At one point Huck was jumping on the bed.  It was horrible. 

:: Alex and I listened to this book over the weekend.  I love Jim Gaffigan and was very excited about this book.  I love that he is the narrator.   While the book did make us laugh at times, I was excepting something more for some reason.  I still recommend it but it was not as good as I expected.  My brother really didn't like it.  I was very surprised by this until I listened to it.  He doesn't have kids and it is very geared to people with kids.  This was great for us but probably not for everyone.  Hope he gets that three bedroom apartment he is hoping for by making this book (he makes that very clear, that is what he is going for)

:: The first day of school is today.   While we home school, I had lots of friends bring their kids to kindergarten today.  Is this right?  How does the time go so fast?

:: I decided that even though we home school I want to do the first day of school pictures every year still.

:: Fisher slept for 14 hours last night.  It is safe to say that the lake wore him out!

:: Harper has finally decided what she wants me to knit her for her birthday.  It is the Bulle  she want's it to be pink with purple pockets!  Good style my girl, as always!

:: The pebble that I made for Fisher is to big so now it is Huck's.  He is extremely excited about this.  Sometimes mess ups are just meant to be.

:: I have the "must make something bug" so bad.  I am thankful for upcoming birthdays, to satisfy such bugs!  I usually get over whelmed by Christmas.   I try and knit one thing, sew one thing, and embroider one thing for each kid.  The tricky part of this is,  1. I have three kids,  2. Huck's birthday is Christmas eve so really I am knitting him two things, etc.  I may need to take that pebble back sweet boy.  Ok I am not serious. 

::Harper is now jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side of the pool all by herself.  I am so proud of her and I love how proud she is.  She doesn't just jump she does tricks too and it is so cute.  She is a dare devil!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment