Monday, August 26, 2013

one thing

     It is amazing to me how one little thing can completely throw off your entire routine.  Fisher broke my phone.  I mean threw it and the front of it shattered.  I now remind myself of the commercial where the guy has bits of blood everywhere and band aids all over his fingertips.  He can't get a new phone until his contract is up.  Lucky for me mine is up next week (good timing son!).  That being said, I have been a bad blogger as a result.  It is rare that I have  a moment to slip away and type on the computer.  I usually blog throughout the day and then once the kiddos go to bed,  I come edit and tweak on the computer.  Often times, by the time I get them to bed my brain is way to tired to write a post that resembles more then three word sentences that talk about sleeping. So as a result my blog has been lacking a little. 
     I went to Ace Hardware today to pick up fly traps and paint color swatches to start dreaming about our new home.  Ace is getting rid of Benjamen Moore! While I have never used the actually paint,  I love their colors and really wanted something tangible in my hands to dream about my future home and what we will make it look like.  I felt frustrated and defeated when I left, this waiting period is hard, so hard and there is no clue for how long we will be waiting for the right one to come along.  Every house we go to look at I want to make work so bad but my gut keeps telling me no.  There is something wrong with each and I know enough now to know to not mess with the gut.  It will come with time.  In the mean time I just want to dream about color! 
   On a unrelated note, a friend of a friend came up and told her that she was worried about her because she had no time to herself.  She told me this and I immediately started laughing.  Time to yourself?  That goes completely out the window when you have kids.  Consider yourself lucky if you get to use the restroom facility by yourself.  There are just some things that you have to be a parent to understand.  Even when I do get away from my kids, I go to girls night.  Time by yourself?  What would you do.  We then started talking about what we would do with a weekend by ourselves.  I know it sounds pathetic but if I had a weekend to myself I would love a good cosy bed and some books and movies, probably a bath too.  If I am being totally honest I would probably get bored after a few hours and miss the kiddos or friendship conversation that I would feel like I was going crazy.   It is odd how life changes, while I may miss reading I know I would miss this life I have more.  It wins every time.  
If I get a moment to myself, I take it.  Even if it is over by the time I finish taking the picture . 

No comments:

Post a Comment