Monday, October 28, 2013

Now it feels like home

Harper was begging for her bed when we moved to my parents.  We had it at our old house for staging and to be honest I had no plans to bring it to my parents and set it up.  She was insistent though and the second we finished setting it up she said "ah, now it feels like home".  We have tried hard to do little things to make them as comfortable as possible.  Here is their beds.  Harper sleeps with a ton of things and she knows if one is missing,  I showed her this picture and she said "uh but where's Una (a unicorn of hers)? She is not in there. "  
She also sleeps with a impossible amount of blankets. The more the better, this is just some of her blankets and she is always asking me to make her more.

I had been looking for a big girl bed for months for Harper.  I had a different idea all together of what kind of bed I wanted for her, but one day when I was scrolling through Craigslist, she saw this one and gasped.  She had to have it, it was the one!   We couldn't deny her excitement so Alex headed out in the rain, late at night to get it for her.  It has been perfect for her.  

Huck, to be honest, doesn't sleep in his bed much he prefers to be with people all the time.  He usually has a few stuffed animals to start out with, but not nearly as much as her.  He also is not a blanket person.  If you try and sneak a blanket on him, he will wake up right away and yell "No! No blankets!"  The blankets are usually used to tuck in his stuffed animals.  It is rare, but sometimes he will want a blanket so I still make him some.  



So this is their room in a very rare state of clean and no forts on their beds. Sometimes the little things help the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment